TOEIC PREPARATION - Listening Section (PART II)

TOEIC PREPARATION


PART II
QUESTION AND RESPONSES

  • Type 1 - Who Question
1. Who would you recommend I talk with? 
A. I'd talk with Steve. -- CORRECT
B. He recommended me.
C. I talked with Karen.
2. Who do you report to?
A. The report was due last week.
B. The marketing manager. -- CORRECT
C. Yes, I'm a reporter.
3. Who's in charge of marketing?
A. That would be Ms. Williams. -- CORRECT
B. No thanks, I'll pay cash.
C. It's at First and Broad.

  • Type 2 - When Question

1. When did you finish testing the system? 
A. We need to update the database.
B. The examination was really tough.
C. At about nine-thirty last night. -- CORRECT
2. When is Memorial Day holiday? 
A. Today is Monday.
B. I'm on vacation.
C. It's on May 31st. -- CORRECT
3. When is the company picnic?
A. I don't have any.
B. It's next Saturday. -- CORRECT
C. I'll bring some chips.

  • Type 3 - Where Question
1. Excuse me, where can I catch the subway going uptown?
A. You are in the middle of downtown.
B. It leaves at 6:23.
C. At the 23rd Street Station. -- CORRECT
2. Where did you use to live?
A. I live in Baltimore.
B. I lived in Atlanta. -- CORRECT
C. I'll live in Cleveland.
3. Where do you get your suits dry-cleaned?
A. Twice a month usually.
B. I clean them in the morning.
C. At a place on Main Street. -- CORRECT

  • Type 4 - What Question
1. What did the supervisor have for dinner?
A. I think he ordered the pasta. -- CORRECT
B. He told me to type the report.
C. At six p.m. in the dining hall.
2. What did you learn at the seminar last night?
A. Well, they covered the section on marketing. -- CORRECT
B. The teacher was very experienced.
C. It was more difficult than I thought.
3. What should we order for lunch?
A. No thanks, I just ate.
B. How about Chinese food? -- CORRECT
C. I'd like it to go, please.

  • Type 5 - How Question
1. How many copies of the report do you need?
A. I don't drink coffee.
B. No problem.
C. I'd like 30, please. -- CORRECT
2. How about catching a movie after work?
A. Thanks, but I can't tonight. -- CORRECT
B. We're moving the day after tomorrow.
C. Yes, the movie was great.
3. How far is it to the Columbia Center?
A. It's three-and-a-half miles. -- CORRECT
B. It's next to the convention center.
C. Take a right at the next intersection.
  • Type 6 - Why Question
1. Why did Mr. Walters move his desk?
A. He wanted a better view. -- CORRECT
B. Yes, he just got a new one.
C. He moved it to another room down the hall.
2. Why don't you take a short break?
A. I broke my coffee cup.
B. That's a good idea! -- CORRECT
C. You've been working too hard.
3. Why is Patrick gone today?
A. He isn't here.
B. He's got the flu. -- CORRECT
C. He left yesterday.

  • Type 7 - Yes/No Question
1. Did you know about our money back guarantee?
A. I'll come back tomorrow.
B. No, I'm afraid I didn't. -- CORRECT
C. Yes, I'll put money in the bank.
2. Aren't you supposed to be at the staff meeting?
A. Yes, it's in the conference room.
B. No, I have to finish writing this article. -- CORRECT
C. Down the hall, third door on the right.
3. Shouldn't we check in with the receptionist?
A. I didn't bring my checkbook.
B.Yes, we should check it out.
C. Yes, I suppose we should. -- CORRECT

  • Type 8 - Choice Question
1. Is New York time ahead of us or behind us?
A. It's noon in New York.
B. It's three hours ahead. -- CORRECT
C. New York is south of here.
2. Would you prefer an aisle seat or a window seat?
A. Yes, I would.
B. I'd like to sit next to the aisle. -- CORRECT
C. I wanted the window.
3. Would you rather get a Blackberry or an I-phone?
A. I'm not hungry right now.
B. He wouldn't want a Blackberry.
C. I prefer an I-phone. -- CORRECT

  • Type 9 - Statements Question
1. Zeus Inc. has announced it's buying Mercury Tech.
A. She said she would start soon.
B. I'm not that surprised. -- CORRECT
C. Yes, they're on 3rd Avenue.
2. I think you should call customer service right away.
A. No, I'd prefer to work in the personnel department.
B. No, I'll look through the troubleshooting guide first. -- CORRECT
C. I think Gary still works in purchasing.
3. The copy machine on the third floor is out of order.
A. OK, I'll have the service rep take a look at it. -- CORRECT
B. I'll order some more paper right away.
C. We should bring it back tomorrow.
(: THANK YOU :)

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *